Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))

Poupet : Magical show

Roger,
Your show at “Poupet” was the best musical experience of my life. Away from Paris' stress, in a natural theater as beautiful as your soul, I found the atmosphere and music that matches my personal values. Nowadays, it is rare to talk about love, friendship and sharing, concern for others.
All is resolves to a single word. “The Profit.” The people lose track of the essence of human being and become the programmed machines. And yet, deep down of everyone, there is a spark of conscience and the good.

You have managed to find "the long way home" and sparks that reside in every heart and light a fire. The fire of happiness.

The Happiness shared around a set list of dreams. In Jeopardy, what a joy! London, wow! we all expected this song so much, because what an experience of joy and international friendship woven so beautifully around you, we had lived in London! This is also Roger, your exception in the show business. Tonight, our friends were with us in our hearts.

You performed all your beautiful classics songs that have inflamed the public as well as in the time of the most successful Supertramp period: “Logical song, Hide in your shell, Breakfast in America, Dreamer, Give a little bit” ... because the true spirit of Supertramp , it's well you Roger!And the audience you clearly declared this "status", when the stars have descended from the sky, into the audience's eyes and hands, while the harmony singing of everyone was accompanied by the movement of small lights. 3000 stars in the audience, million stars in the eyes of all ... It is the joy and emotion, that you gave us all evening.

One song after the other was the pearl. With some masterpieces like Fool's overture, so magically sung. And even when you performed the song of Great John “Across the Universe”, I have never heard an interpretation as deep, soft, melodic and emotional of this song!..

There were also some tears, how to hold the emotion in songs like “Lord Is It Mine”, I'm sure, your God was moved to tears .... The most emotional moment for me was probably “Say Goodbye”. How to stop ourselves crying?! ... Pains and many memories come to mind.., sometimes a lifetime, and this time the emotion was multiplied because Sabine left us ... I would have loved to know if she could see from there where she is, all this happiness, she loved your concerts and you so much.

It’s so hard to recover from the emotions when “Don't leave me now” follows. Bryan is very good drummer, but when 3000 pairs of hands are clapping, with a precision of Swiss watches, the beat of the drum, his "work" is not easy. But what the thrills at every French show! Another "exception" of the love for You..
The time had gone as fast as a shooting star. And “Give a little bit” changed in "Much more".

Umbrellas opened, joy and nostalgia in our hearts, the show ended by the wonderful "It's raining again", which brought, two days later, the rain into “la Vendée” - where it never rains :-)!
With this concert at St Malo du Bois, you have proven Roger, the happiness is not there where everyone is looking for, "under the ramps of artificial light”!!!

And I have already said it somewhere; your story reminds me the story of "Great Amadeus"! While his people buried him in a "mass grave" in Vienna, all the bells were ringing in his honor in Prague....True music lovers and fans are never wrong! The only difference between you and Mozart: You can fortunately live your musical “crowning moment" in the moments so magical like this evening at Poupet was!

And we were all unanimous, it was the best concert that we have never attended. I don't know if I would have the chance to revive, once again, the magic of your concert, life is sometimes very complicated and hard! But if I have a memory etched forever in my heart, it is this day and evening spent at Poupet. It was the greatest moment of my music's life, fan’s life, and the friendship's life. And for all that, I want to thank you Roger.

Now I have no more the spark in my heart, but the flame! Blessing You !

Mila
Répondre

What to say more after reading a reflection so praise, What I can say more that we "the we all (myself) are wearing "one's heart on one's sleeve", when the older tunes that you have revealed the soul of Supertramp and marked our youth, come back to blow our tears of emotion from the memories of our happy days.
What I should add more to the review of my friend Mila, only that afternoon in the outdoor theater in St-Malo-du-bois, in sunny Vendée, I let impregnate myself by your sweet music with the magical tones which were running between your fingers.
Me either, I can't resist the charm of "Say Goodbye" and all your songs so different but equally beautiful.
How can I express all this joy which animates my heart when I'm attending your concerts; this show was my twelfth I've attended and was the best of all. Every day I thank God for giving me this chance to have met you, because the beautiful soul is recognized between all others souls.
Through your tour of singing around the planet you spread the love of life and men, you give back the happiness in the hearts of the saddest, as a sower in his fields spreads the wheat seed.
But "it's raining again" comes after a callback, umbrellas appear, we are happy to see your bright and sparkling eyes as you are watching the reverse side of "show" ... the euphoria gives way to nostalgia, it's finished, the lights are going out, my star leaves the stage in waves of ovation, Roger you are no longer here, my eyes are still full of stars. Thank you Mr. Hodgson, your hands, your voice, your immense talent give happiness to my little heart and to many others.
Répondre

That beautiful souvenirs will stay in my memory after the concert of Roger in St Malo du Bois (14/7/2011). THANK YOU ROGER and also to Linda who allowed us to attend the sound check and the backstage. To Shakti for her presence and kindness to us. It was a chance for the members of the Fan Club. We spent a day together fabulous and Roger's concert was great in this small open-air theater. We were so near the stage and near Roger that we could see these small winks which he sent us. This complicity with us was magic. That squeeze my heart every time. He offered us his most wonderful songs which we took back together. The public was in complete osmosis with him. Bravo Roger and Thank you still!
Répondre

Thanks a lot Linda for Backstage...It s a AMAZING CONCERT with Band for the first time in France... AND AFTER THE DREAM BECOMES REALITY : TO MEET ET TO SALUTE ROGER...GREAT MOMENT FOR ME...To see My IDOL is Marvellous...THANKS A LOT NICOLAS, LINDA and ROGER....Excuse me for my English !!!! Clin d’oeil
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)