Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))

Mainz July 15, 2012, European Tour

If this would have been possible, I would have done this round trip week end in France, like Albi or Cognac, but the 14th and 15th of July of Roger concert took place in Europe.
Some of our friends from the Fan Club already tasted it in Luxembourg one week ago, and I had pleasure to travel with Flo and Mila to Ciney in Belgium and then to Mainz in Germany.
A long week end with Roger, 2 concerts, our dreams came thru, again...
After the beautiful review of Mila at Ciney Festival that can be read in the french part of “concert memories” let me go on to our journey in Mainz where Roger was having his concert at the Zitadelle for the Sommerfestival July 15th.

Flo drove us very carefully mostly under the rain from Ciney late in the night to a mid distance town from Mainz where we slept in a hotel for the short night.
In the morning we reached the german town around 1h30pm.
The weather was not certain after the hard rain fallen yesterday but the sun was shining and a rainbow appeared in the sky throughout some white clouds,
was it a sign ? of a kind star ? No one knew except for Mila.

The doors of the Zitadelle were due to open at 6h00pm so we decided to go downtown and visit the picturesque streets, their typical houses and unwonted shops, unfortunately closed in this sunday, nevertheless restaurants and bars were opened and we had a rest in the Augustinerkeller's drinking a glass of “weiss wein” and white beer mug.
We happily came back near the Zitadelle and entered following a ten of calm persons passing the main door with their ticket, a hundred meters walk lead us later to a green square place, at the head was the stage open air and hundred of chairs lined up in front of it, stands put up around to have a drink or a rapid meal.
The place looked like we had a party and the atmosphere was friendly, people were happy and serene. We could not realize that a great artist was coming on this small stage and that we would have a fantastic show, but everybody was in this place to see Roger.
We met some german fan friends originated from different parts of the country, we also met and kissed again Linda whom we asked to be photographed with us in our yellow rain capes and she said “but I am not dressed !” we laughed, and she kindly accepted.

We sat down at the 4th raw and a first german band started the show with a nice jazzy music, the audience looked interested but remained quiet.
Then we felt the excitement, the plants, the carpets, the computers, the instruments were set up, the coloured spots light up and Roger came in dressed with his nice white jacket and with a large smile, the audience warmly welcomed and applauded him.
Though we saw Roger the day before, we felt so happy to see him again as if it was a long time ago.

The show started with the well-known Take the Long Way Home, followed with beautiful classic songs that the band has succeeded in adding with depth, volume and strength, the voice of Roger was clear, pure and highlighted by each instrument sound.

We had the great pleasure to hear Lady, Soap Box Opera, If Everyone was Listening, Child of Vision, Hide in Your Shell, C'est le Bon, Death and the Zoo: the first time I heard it on stage was yesterday in Ciney, Roger said "if you were an animal, would you prefer to leave in a zoo or the death?" this song was greatly interpreted, it could not be sung without the band, I had shivers.
and some of his solo album songs : Lovers In The Wind, and The More I Look ! We would like to hear Roger play them more often !
We know these songs when Roger sings accompanied with Aaron in duo, it is fantastic, with the band their rhythm is intensified and gives more sense to the whole song.

Another great pleasure was the harmony of Roger and the band together (in Ciney also) they feel happiness when playing and their eyes looking at each other is the sign of complicity. They have a good time and so we have too !!
Thank you to Aaron who has improved in playing saxophone and other instruments and gives dynamic to the group.
Thank you to David whom Roger says he is more quiet... and who has the good “bom bom bom bom...yeeaaah” and "fingers claps" on the Lady song !
Thank you to Brian and Kevin, you are too far, we would like to see you more.
Thank you to Roger who is more passionate than ever, your music deeply brings us energy, happiness, strength to carry on in life, you and your music gathers people and brings love to share.

The show was nearly ending and the sky was covered with grey clouds, suddenly the rain falled and every one put on his rain coat or opened his umbrella, we with our yellow hoods on our head, curiously Roger started to sing It's Raining Again !! and we all joyfully sang with Roger, holding us by the arm and the hand, at the end of the song, curiously the rain stopped...
Many people left their seats to approach the stage and sing with Roger like in a communion.

The show was too short !
The night had falled on the green place, the voices were silent, the stage lost its coloured lights, but in our heads we wanted to say "don't let the curtains fall", hope to see you soon Roger !

Flo drove us again, very carefully, to take the long way home.
Thank you so much :coeur: :coeur:
Take care Roger.
Répondre

You make me cry Vivi... Wonderful review from wonderful friend. I'm sure Roger will be happy to read you.
The rainbow follows me, tonight on the plane, coming back from Nice, I had the big magical rainbow in the sky, above the clouds .. .I have never seen it....... "Great gig n the Sky". And it was above montains..where was held an other Roger's show..at that moment

Mainz was really amazing concert and I wasblessed because Roger played "my songs" , especially "The more I look and Know who you are."... Since then the curtains have definitely fallen on the other concerts and only thing we have now are some photos and videos ..and great memories of an amazing artist and of an amazing friendship graved in our heart..
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)