Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))

Royal Albert Hall - Thank you Roger

Roger your show in RAH was unforgettable with a dream set list. In Jeopardy, Puppet Dance, If everyone was listening, The awakening, Hide in your shell, Fool’s overture, Don’t leave me now..and all awesome classical songs from your whole career.

To "conquer" the acoustic of Royal Albert Hall is not easy. And yet you managed it!!!!

I am still having thrills thinking what a huge artistic experience "the Fool overture" was. The acoustic was tamed and the whole space of the hall and every heart were filled with your extraordinary crystalline voice. What a power, what a clarity! Brilliant!!! For me it was the best performance of this masterpiece I have ever heard.

My 25 years old dream (to listen to In Jeopardy live) came true. Such memories are associated with this song I heard for the first time in Spain, memories about a newfound freedom which finally is not a freedom despite “the bright side of the Wall”..

What an evening full of emotions! I came on "pilgrimage" to the place which I dreaded at the same time. Someone very close lost his fight with the cancer a year ago. I just learned the heartbreaking reality he was living his last hours on this earth - while I was listening, for the first time, your song “Everyone dies”…And it was at Royal Albert Hall he gave one of his best performances ever, a few years ago. Miss him every day and wish I had your serenity..but will never forget your warm words and Puppet Dance. For me it was an amazing song with the moving lyrics, nevertheless I have never realized before how profound these lyrics were. Thank you from my heart Roger. I am sure this evening Ronnie was at Royal Albert Hall with us, as well as your dear mum and all your loved ones who left this world…Sure, this time your mum heard your moving dedication.. !

I was blessed to share those moving and awesome moments with my French friends and our numerous friends from your “international gang" which grows every day, at the hall as nice as the most welcoming country in the world, I'll treasure this memory for ever. British people and music are as amazing as you are: The best.

I wish I could thank you personally, but hope, you will be able to read this message. Thank you Roger. And take care. Death is maybe “funny” but we need you. We love you.

Mila from French FC
Ps
My umbrella is still singing…
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)