Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))

Paris 2010 Review

From Ana & Vidal:

"The big adventure began when our flight to Paris-Beauvais was cancelled from Madrid because of the srtike in France...
oh my god ¡¡¡ thought we could not arrive on time to the show on time...so we moved fast to book again the flight and could take another plane to Paris,and arrived to the venue about 16:00.
Linda was so kind to invite Ana & me to the soundcheck,where we was with all the powerfull French Club,beautiful friends and Mr.Nicholas...thank you ¡¡¡Sourire) I must say that it was the best ever show of Roger that we see before.The venue was fulll...the audience was Great.
It was a Dream come true to be there...with all those fantastic friends...you are soooo nice .
I want to thank Linda Taylor...you are so charming with us...Shakti....you lovely....thank you Sourire))

Thank you very much Roger for your music...your shows are better and better each time.
I will never forget how much you helped me ,Cecilia and Marc.

Paris show ...always in my heart...very emotional and beautiful...

Much love
Ana & Vidal."
Répondre

:rouge: :gene3: :rouge: :gene3:

N'oubliez pas que vous êtes unique...comme tout le monde....
Répondre

It was very nice to see both of you!
Répondre

Thank you Vidal and Ana Sourire You know we love you and I hope to see you soon. I was so great to share with you our hapiness! Sourire
Répondre

Roger Hodgson and his French Fan Club is a "love story" ! The love between a legendary artist, who strives to provide happiness to his fans, and those who have followed him for years and
have shared their love, passion and admiration to him, with their family and friends!

This close relation has become stronger this year when Roger Hodgson offered two precious gifts to his Fan Club and, by extension, to all the French fans !
French fans were invited to co-select the set list of the French tour, and more!, Fans children were invited to sing on stage with Roger !
What an excitement this Friday, 24 of September, in the prestigious “Palais des Congrès" in Paris!!

For this Parisian concert, many of us “took a long way”: they came from throughout France, Spain: represented by the two founders of Spanish Fan Club “Ana and Vidal”, Belgium,
Germany and the other countries….
Because the love that surrounds Roger is contagious and is spreading around the globe !, and creates the wonderful “love and friendship» stories ! The message of love in this hostile and
crazy world !

Before the concert, starting at 8:30 pm, the members of the French Fan Club received another gift from Roger, the one to attend the sound check !
Arriving silently by the stage, respectfully, while Roger and Aaron are ceremoniously checking their instruments, computers and all sorts of cables, we sit down on the comfortable chairs in
the middle of the hall.
Roger plays a medley of his songs on the piano and we try to engrave every tone, every note, in our memory... Roger sings with perfection “Lady”, “I knew it well” and “Babaji”.
We note that Roger's voice hasn’t aged, it’s still crystalline and inspired. And over the years, it’s made gain on the power ! It is a divine voice and we are in heaven !
The latest short rehearsal with the children, full with stage fright but pride as well, on the famous "It's Raining Again", a short break then and the concert begins !

Roger is welcomed with a great standing ovation and every new song brings the house down ! The interpretation of Roger and Aaron is so perfect ! So magic! Every song sung by Roger
becomes a precious jewel ! The audience is enchanted, people are singing with Roger, their faces are smiling. Roger with his sparkling eyes seems so happy!! Amazing ambiance !
Paris loves Roger Hodgson !
Even if the set list is logically classical, we are lucky to listen to some "new" songs that we could choose with Roger: “C’est le bon”, “Know who you are”, “Say Goodbye!” What an
emotion!!!

Unfortunately, the good times go too fast and when the first notes of “It's Raining Again” sound, we know that these are the last moments of happiness. We would like stop the time but
we can’t….
The umbrellas are opened and the concert is ending in exultation ! Ending in the great joy shared with the children from French Fan Club, singing with Roger on stage!!
Visibly pleased, Roger looks like their older brother !

Someone in the audience is shouting: “Roger you are the Super Tramp”. And we want to add :“Roger, You are the Supertramp in Yourself !” Thank you !

Sylvie et Mila
French Fan Club
Répondre

And thank you Nicolas and Linda Sourire
Répondre

Last Friday's concert at the « Palais des Congrès » in Paris was my 6th Roger Hodgson concert, and it was -as usual- a tremendous moment, full of energy and emotion at the same time. It was very a good gig indeed, with a very responsive audience.

Roger was in a very good shape,and gave his French fans a nice present by singing songs like « C'est le bon », which he said he hadn't played for 25 years, and « Know who you are », which I also never had the opportunity to hear « live »before that night, and which I really longed to hear.

It was very nice to hear those rarely sung songs, coming in the middle of a series of smashing hits like « Dreamer », « Logical song », «Breakfast in America », « Child of vision », during which the audience really got wild with excitation, or «Hide in your shell » and « Lord is it mine » so deeply moving.

All the Supertramp hits were there, all those hits the audience absolutely wanted to hear, sung as if the last 30 years had never passed. Because that incredible, high-pitched voice was still here on Friday night, absolutely unchanged. And for two hours, people felt 30 years younger (at least those who were born 30 years earlier, because there were also many young people in the audience).

Roger also sang songs from his solo career like « Lovers in the wind »or « Say Goodbye », less known from the large public, though these are such wonderful songs indeed.

The show ended with another nice surprise, when a choir of children stepped on the stage to do background vocals on « It's raining again ».

Every true Roger Hodgon's fan has his favourite -never sung!- solo song that he would like to hear. Mine is « Don't you want to get high?». I hope I'll get the chance to hear it some day. But I am also very conscious that the hits Roger Hodgson composed and sung with Supertramp already are so numerous that it won't be easy to find a place left in such a dense setlist.

To end up, I will just say that Mr. Hodgson once again gave his fans more than a little bit. On Friday night, he made them feel both happy and nostalgic. He brought a smile on their face and sometimes made a tear come to their eyes. But above all, he made them forget all their troubles for two hours. So in the name of all those who were present at the Palais des Congrès, i will just say: thank you Mr. Hodgson!
Répondre

Amazing review Pathom..Thank you..!! Your review made me feel both happy and nostalgic , also Sourire
Répondre

Mila I didn't take the time to read your report in English....because you know, me and English without google translation...i'm not good

Nice review of that fabulous day when we all got together and met with several other members of foreign fan clubs.
(German, Portuguese, Spanish ...... ) and all that for the love of Roger and his art.
With a friend from French Fan Club we followed Roger on his tour, travelling from town to town, through France, where I met differents Fan club's membres who lived close to places of Roger's shows : Tours, ♥♥♥ Paris ♥♥♥, Grenoble , Toulouse, Bordeaux, Nantes.
My friends and myself we lived an idyllic sound check in Nantes, we could have never imagined being able to share a sound check with him, it was much better than the best backstage!
Although I was surrounded by all my friends and our faces were illuminated by the joy, my heart was deeply sad. Nantes, where Roger met probably his longtime friend ( Alan Simon ), was also the town of the last show in France, I have to wait for the others shows until 2011. Roger told me he would be back in 2011, he promised it when he took me in his arms to comfort me. For all French Fan club members 2010 was the great year of Roger's concerts. Mila Denot 21 février, 01:33 Signaler
PS je ne sais pas s'il fallait traduire la première phrase ..Mila..je suis nulle....(bon c'est fait, je l'ai séparé de la traduction..) Bisous je vais faire dodo il est 1h33 Marie Jose Scornet 21 février, 08:03
merci Ma p'it Mila bizoooo
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)